Sunday, May 3, 2015

Weekly Progress Report #18

Weight: 140.5 pounds

Weight Change: +2.0 pounds


I've extended my chart as I'm clearly going to need more time to lose this weight. My goal now is to be at my goal weight by Halloween. If I can't lose 15 pounds by October, I never will. It was a bad food week, because it was a bad emotional week. I am really struggling right now, and using food to deal with it. I wish I could figure out exactly what's wrong so I could deal with it in a healthier way; but I think it's a multi-layered and multi-faceted issue, so it's just going to take some time. If I ever figure out how to articulate what's going on, I'll try to share since perhaps my journey can help others.

It's been a busy weekend for us. We did our shopping for our Ireland trip (yes, I had to do so at this weight. Sigh...) Apparently my son's feet are at a size that's very unique right now, as we could not find good walking/hiking shoes for him. We went to four different stores, including REI and Cabela's and they don't carry children's shoes large enough, or men's shoes small enough. So we ended up ordering online. They have free returns in case we have to take more than one shot at finding shoes that actually fit. It was terribly frustrating, especially since I don't like to shop anyway. But we're almost ready and I'm getting really excited for some time to unplug and take a break from all of responsibilities.

I was about to go all Drum Eatenton on the birds in our front tree this morning at 4:00. It's that wonderful weather time of year where we can sleep with the windows open. I'm just trying to figure out why the birds find it necessary to get up before the sun. Especially on Sunday when I don't have to get up at 4:15!

Mountains from the southwest side of my neighborhood

Mountains from the northwest side of my neighborhood

My neighbor's pretty ground cover
We've had some beautiful weather lately with perfect temperatures. It's supposed to rain every day this coming week, so I imagine everything will continue to leaf out and turn green. I've seen some irises blooming, so I'm hoping mine will bloom in time for Mother's day.

I hope that you all have a great week, and get to see lots of beautiful nature continuing to wake for the spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment