Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Stormy Skies and Exhaustion

Western sky this evening

Eastern sky this morning
We've had very unsettled weather today. The sun can't decide if it wants to hide behind the clouds or shine brightly. It was a little challenging driving my kids to piano tonight because one moment it would be gray and dreary and the next moment the sun was in my eyes making it hard to drive. Since I managed to break my (admittedly cheap) sunglasses over the weekend, I just had to deal.

I'm so tired right now that I can hardly function. Last night was a really bad sleeping night. I went to bed around 9:30 and dozed for a little while before waking up and not being able to fall back asleep. At 10:45 I gave up and headed out to the front room where I did some yoga and stretching but still couldn't sleep. At about 12:15 I tried going back to bed but still couldn't sleep. Around 1:00 after not being able to fall asleep for 45 minutes, I gave up again and went back out to the front room. I did manage to doze on the couch some that time. I went back to bed around 3:10 and managed to sleep until my alarm went off at 4:15. Needless to say, I'm dragging tonight because that was not enough rest.

I did make it through the day alright because I used my secret weapon: coffee. I drink tea ALL the time, but I don't have coffee very often. So on those days when I'm really dragging a cup of coffee gets me through my work day. I'm doing the single parent thing tonight because my husband is at band practice. I think I'm going to go to bed as soon as I get my kiddos tucked in, and I'm really hoping for better luck sleeping tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment