Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Working Late

I had to work late today so I only have time for a quick check-in with some random thoughts.

This morning my drive to work (well, the bus stop) was simply lovely. The green trees bracketed a pale orange sky to the east. To the west, the front range mountains were blue with the white snow-capped peaks in the back in front of a pink sky. I wanted so badly to stop and take some pictures, but once again my job interfered with my hobby!

These pictures are from a walk I took with my husband last night. While I'd like to slow time down and keep my children smaller for a longer time, there is something to be said for them reaching an age where my husband and I can leave them at home and go for a walk.



I started doing Pilates back in the late 90s. I still occasionally do the mat routine because it's such a great abs workout. The thing I really appreciate about it is how it's taught me to hold my abdominal muscles when I'm doing any type of exercise. I think I get a better core workout using those techniques when I'm doing anything now, even bicep curls or walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment