Sunday, April 26, 2015

Weekly Progress Report #17

I love the weekend. It's a beautiful, rainy spring morning here. I slept fairly well last night with the slight pitter-patter sound of the rain on the roof. I slept until 6:00 this morning and woke without the alarm. I did a longer weight session in natural light. I suppose I wouldn't appreciate these mornings quite as much if I had them all the time, so I guess I should be grateful for 4:15 weekday mornings.

Here are a few pictures from my rainy, overcast yard this morning.




Yesterday afternoon my daughter and I went for a long walk and the sky was just beautiful over the mountains .

I also did a workout yesterday morning, and finished it with some of the yoga poses on the Wii Fit. The cartoon yoga instructor told me that she noticed my right side wasn't as flexible as my left side. I had noticed that also. I'm starting to wonder if I need to work with a real yoga instructor to do something about my inflexibility. But I don't really have time for that right now, so I guess I'll just keep trying to get better on my own.

Weight: 138.5 pounds

Weight Change:  -0.3 pounds


I had a decent, though not great week with food choices. But at this point, I'm feeling pretty content to just take this slowly, because it is finally going in the right direction. Last night my in-laws took us out to dinner at La Loma, the best Mexican restaurant in Denver. It was a very belated birthday dinner for me since we had a terrible snow storm the first time we tried to go near my birthday. I was careful with my calories for the day, and decided I was going to indulge a little last night. So the weight isn't dropping as fast as it did the first time I did this.

I've been exercising harder lately, so I'm feeling stronger and healthier. My clothes are also fitting better. I'm still going to keep working because I know I'll be more comfortable and my joints will be less achy if I get back down to 125 pounds. But I guess I'm not going to worry about the fact that I'm not getting there as quickly as I'd originally planned. It's probably healthier to lose weight at a slower pace anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment