Friday, April 24, 2015

Spring Storms

This marathon workweek is officially over! My son and I are at home now, my daughter will be home in about 15 minutes, and my husband will be home in about an hour. We're going to watch a movie together as a family tonight. Though we'd probably better keep it short or we'll just all fall asleep.

We've got some weather moving in so we may have some rainfall tonight.



I managed to embarrass myself this afternoon. I had to rush my son home after school today because we had a tree company at the house doing deep root feeding on all of our trees. I wanted to get back before they got done so I could pay them before they left today. Then after we got home I was reflecting as I was doing my chores and realized that there are only four more Fridays that my son will be in elementary school and I can walk him home. I resolved to let him take his time for the next four weeks and then teared up...and of course that's when the doorbell rang. I think the poor tree guy thought something was really wrong. Sigh...

We made it through this week and next week things should return to our normal crazy schedule. The big difference is that my husband will be home in the evenings so I won't be doing it all by myself. Which is a really good thing right now since my kids have been at each other's throats all week, and my daughter has been very teenagery lately.

My food choices have been okay this week. Not fabulous, but not horrible either. I think I'll have made some progress when I do my weigh-in on Sunday, but it won't be anything too amazing. However, I have managed to up the intensity of my workouts this week so I'm feeling stronger and my clothes are fitting better even with the extra weight I'm still carrying. I guess at this point any progress can go into the win column.

No comments:

Post a Comment