Sunday, April 19, 2015

Weekly Progress Report #16

Weight: 138.8 pounds

Weight Change: -1.3 pounds

I finally broke under 140 pounds again! I still have a ways to go, but this is very encouraging. Nothing breeds success like success. I mentioned previously that for whatever reason, I seem to have decided again that losing weight is more important than the temporary pleasure food provides, So I think I may (finally) be on track to get back down to my goal weight again.


I got watch two horror movies this weekend. The first was The Babadook since Netflix added it to streaming at the end of last week. The end was weird from a literal standpoint, and brilliant from a metaphorical standpoint. The scariest part was watching this poor single mother lose it while dealing with her child's behavioral issues. I fully admit that it was causing me to have flashbacks to when my son was younger and his problems were more pronounced. I definitely recommend this one to any of my readers who enjoy the horror genre.

My husband and I saw It Follows in the theater last night. It gets points for creativity and creating a permeating atmospheric dread (I can't stand slasher horror movies; I don't like to see people get hurt). Though the "rules" about the monster were weird and inconsistent, so it made it more difficult to suspend plausibility. I did like the fact that it was filmed in Detroit and showed the reality of the decay happening in that city. I can't strongly recommend this particular film, but it wasn't terrible either.


We had a squirrel in our tree yesterday having himself a regular feast. I'm not sure which part of the maple tree they eat, but whatever it is they sure seem to like it. As you can tell from the picture, it was overcast, and has been so here for several days. The sun has managed to shine intermittently today, but it's gray again as I'm writing this. It sounds like we have a couple more days of rain/snow this week, and then it's supposed to get nice again. I like gray days here and there, but when the sun is absent for too long I really start to miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment