Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Daunted

One of my favorite songs is Undaunted by Adrenaline Mob. I feel strong when I listen to it. But lately I haven't been feeling undaunted, I've been feeling pretty darn daunted.

Work has been very stressful lately. I've spent a great deal of time frustrated with one of my co-workers, and with my boss for not managing the situation. Home has been really busy lately and my husband has been gone several evenings so I've been managing it on my own. For some reason I'm feeling very emotional lately about how quickly my kids are growing up. I haven't been sleeping well as usual and I'm worn out. With all of this going on, and having eaten out with my in-laws lately, I've derailed myself on my food choices again. I've put weight back on the past few days by stress eating and making poor choices.

I was almost to the point of throwing in the towel and giving up. But I don't think I've really reached that point. I just need to stop what I'm doing and make different choices again. I may not make good progress this week, but I'm not going to do a full reversal again either. So maybe I am feeling a bit more undaunted than I realized.

We've also been having beautiful and varied spring weather here. Sunday and Monday were soggy and foggy.





The sun was shining again today and the temperature was perfect for a walk this evening, which was just what I needed to reset my attitude.





No comments:

Post a Comment