Sunday, April 12, 2015

Weekly Progress Report #15

Weight: 140.1 pounds

Weight Change: -1.4 pounds


For some reason when I weighed myself this morning I was feeling all disappointed and frustrated. I thought I hadn't made any progress this week after being really conscientious all week. I did eat more than I should have Friday at lunch, but that was the only time I strayed from the proper number of calories during the week. Then I realized that I did make some progress this week after all. So I'm feeling a little better now.

I think my issue was that on Thursday morning when I stood on the scale I had finally (just barely) broken 140 pounds. It said 139.8 pounds. Then it went back up 3/10ths of a pound, and stayed there for three days. Even though I was really good on Thursday when we had to get dinner out and got a salad and didn't even use the dressing. Last night we ate dinner at my in-laws because my husband's aunt is in town visiting. I kept having to decline offers of more food or wine from my father-in-law, who told me I "ate like a bird" last night. He means well, but it's frustrating when it's already hard for me to eat right and then I have to "hurt his feelings." My mother-in-law is more supportive and tries to keep him in check. I was hoping with all of those proper but difficult choices I would have seen some movement again. But I guess I still did make some progress this week, so I should be happy with that.

I really need to make some real progress over the next couple of weeks because my husband wants to start shopping for our Ireland trip, and I don't want to shop at this weight.

We've experiencing a pretty windy day here today, so our beautiful flowering trees aren't looking quite as lovely as they did. However, the rain of white and pink petals has been really gorgeous. I love this time of year!





No comments:

Post a Comment