Monday, April 6, 2015

Spring Photos

I'm an emotional wreck right now. I'm tearing up at the drop of a hat (and I'm generally not much of a crier). I think the issue is two-fold: 1) the first anniversary of my dad's death; and 2) the fact that I don't feel like I'm living 100% in compliance with my values and my definition of success. I guess I have some self-reflecting that I need to do. Thankfully I worked from home today so I was able to go for a walk at lunch time.

I wish I could share the sounds and smells of my walk as well as the sights. There was water running over the rocks in the creek. There were birds calling and bees buzzing. The flowers on some of the trees smelled so incredibly lovely. Getting outside in nature has always helped me to feel better, and I miss my job across from the open space overlooking the Flatirons and with meadowlarks singing. Walking around downtown just increases my stress and anxiety. Maybe that's one of the things I need to address. But for today, I'll just share some nice photos of spring.

Here are a few more pictures from Easter Sunday.

Violets in my mom's yard
Hyacinth in my mother-in-law's yard
Tulip in my mother-in-law's yard, edited to highlight the purple color
Easter eggs my kids colored
Here are the pictures from my lunch hour walk.

The crab apple tree on the creek is blooming.





This apple tree in my neighbor's front yard is blooming and smells wonderful. I think the bees agreed with me as they were buzzing past my head the whole time I was taking pictures.




The lilac bush in another neighbor's yard is already blooming. This is the biggest lilac shrub around, and it's the earliest to bloom.
 

Tulips

The trees on the creek are taking on their spring green haze
 I'll probably share some more of my thoughts on my emotional angst soon, but I need to get my own head wrapped around my feelings before I can really discuss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment