Monday, April 13, 2015

Manic Monday

It has been a crazy Monday, and I found myself thinking of The Bangles this morning and then that song played in my head all day long. When I went for my walk this morning, I was truly creeped out to be walking in the early morning dark for really the first time ever. I saw a police car running its spotlight around an area as I was walking towards it. Then the car drove off so I thought maybe it was just a random check. But then there was a second police car running its spotlight around on the other side of the park that I was rapidly approaching. At that point I did start to get a bit uneasy. What were they looking for, and was I about to create a hostage crisis? Plus, several of the street lights on my walk are out. Normally I kind of like that because it's easier to see the stars. This morning I wasn't so thrilled. I did make it back to the house without incident though.

Then the day just went downhill from there, and that wasn't even considering that it's the first anniversary of my dad's death. So this afternoon I walked around the neighborhood and took pictures of the different shades of lilacs that are starting to bloom, to focus on something beautiful.

These first two are the different shades in my yard.



These next two are in other yards in the neighborhood. One is almost blue and the other is a very bright, dark purple.


The creek is really getting green now. It won't be long before everything is leafed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment