Sunday, April 6, 2014

Stormy Sunday Weigh In

We experienced a rather typical Colorado spring day today.  When we got up this morning the sun was shining and it beautiful outside.



Then as the morning progressed it got stormier and darker, we had have our lights on while we ate lunch.  It started to rain lightly which soon turned into sleet.



Then by early this afternoon the sun started peeking out from behind the clouds again, and as I'm writing this I'm sitting in bright, warm sunlight.




I can't wait for my lilacs to start blooming.  Lilacs and daisies are my favorite flowers.  But I think the reason I'm always so excited for the lilacs is because they're so short-lived.  They bloom like crazy for a short time, and then they're gone.  That part of my yard always looks so beautiful when they're in bloom, it's like a purple explosion between the light colored lilacs and the dark, almost bluish purple of the violets that bloom at the feet of the lilac bushes.  Here's a picture of buds, so now I know it won't be long!


Once again, I wasn't able to get into the proper head space this week to make the proper food choices.  So it's time to get serious.  I'm making a commitment here to do better this week.  Which means that there will be public shaming (self-shaming) if I don't make better choices this week and have better results to report on this blog next Sunday.  I know I can do better than this, because I have in the past.  I just keep making excuses and thinking this one time won't matter, but "this one time" has been happening nearly daily lately.

So next Sunday I will be posting better results because I'll have made good choices all week.  Now my integrity is on the line.  Who knows, maybe seeing how much I've been struggling with just getting into the proper mental space to make good choices will help others to feel better about themselves and know that you can always start over and course correct when you've been making poor choices.

Weekly weigh in:  134.1 pounds





No comments:

Post a Comment