Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Shadows and Wind and Bits and Bobs




Ever since I was young and had to take naps (I really wish someone would make me take naps now!), I remember staring at the shadows of tree branches blowing in the wind to help myself fall asleep.  There is something infinitely relaxing and soothing about watching shadows in sunlight.


This morning when I went for a walk/jog I had to pause my pedometer and stop and take a picture of this tree which has already leafed out and was right in the path of the street light.  It was quite lovely against the dark sky.  

We've had some significant wind today, I actually had a hard time walking into the wind on my way to the bus stop this afternoon after work.  You can get some sense of the motion in this picture.


You can also see that we're still waiting for most of the trees to leaf out.  I'll be very glad to see everything turn green this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment