Thursday, April 10, 2014

Contrasting Walks

I took the day off from work today so that I can get caught up on all the things around the house that there's just not time to do during the weekend.  This included my taxes, which I'm happy to report are now filed, with 5 days to spare!  My daughter asked me if I'd walk her to the bus stop this morning, which I never get to do, so I of course gladly agreed.  I realized during the walk that the light was perfect for pictures.  I didn't take any on the walk to the bus stop.  That would have sent my daughter's anxiety skyrocketing both because she'd be worried about missing the bus if we stopped, and because she would have been embarrassed by her mother.  As it was, I had to stop walking with her before the final curve in the road at the park where the bus picks her up.

But on the way back home, I stopped and took several photos of the burgeoning sings of spring.

Mr. Squirrel actually sat still while I snapped his photo
Some photos of the blooms and the green haze which is starting to show up nearly everywhere.





This afternoon I walked to the elementary school to pick up my son, and then we walked together to pick his sister up from the bus stop.  Which apparently caused her even more embarrassment.  Sigh...  I try, but I guess I don't remember everything about my mother that mortified me when I was 13.  This afternoon also looked like spring, but it looked more like stormy spring.





No comments:

Post a Comment