Friday, April 11, 2014

Sights and Sounds of Spring

I took two walks with my daughter today.  It's such a beautiful day that we wanted to get outside and enjoy it.  The sun is shining, the sky is a bright and vibrant blue, the temperature is perfect, warm enough to feel really good in shirt sleeves, but not hot.  When we weren't visiting, the only sounds we could hear other than our own footfalls was the water flowing in the creek, the wind in the trees, and the birds singing.  We also occasionally heard the distant drone of a lawn mower or airplane that was passing by.  There were a few insects that buzzed by during the walk too.  In other words, it was a perfectly idyllic spring day.





But don't get too jealous if your weather isn't like this.  I just saw a winter storm warning come through on my phone.  Four to eight inches of snow starting Saturday night, which is going to be wet and heavy and may "accumulate sufficiently on any trees that are beginning to leaf out to break tree limbs."  I hope it doesn't ruin the blossoms that are just about ready to pop on some of the flowering trees and bushes.  I have some plans for pictures that will get derailed if that happens.

I took both yesterday and today off from work.  Yesterday I caught up on a few things around the house that I just can't seem to squeeze into my limited time on the weekends.  My daughter didn't have school today so we spent time just enjoying each other's company.  We also did tackle a few chores, but we did them together.  It's not often that we have time alone together like this, so I'm especially grateful when it happens.  This summer while she's in Europe my husband will be traveling for a long weekend, so I'll get this kind of time with my son.  Time speeds by so fast when you're a parent, so I try to soak it up and be very present.

Enjoy your upcoming weekend and your weather, whatever it may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment