Monday, July 20, 2015

Weekly Progress Report #23

Weight: 143.5 pounds

Weight Change: +0.2 pounds


I apologize for not getting my post up on time yesterday. My daughter and I went out to breakfast together, went hiking at Moraine Park, and had a picnic lunch. Then we we got home I had a raging headache and had to lie down. Then it was time for dinner, and there was laundry to finish, so I just never found time to fit it in.

All of the pictures in this post are from my cellphone camera. I was debating whether or not I wanted to take my camera and deal with the bulky extra weight on the hike, and then forgot to grab it; so that made my decision for me. The pictures aren't as nice, but they still captured our day together. We were hiking near where we spread my dad's ashes last fall, so it was kind of nice to visit and be reminded of him.

Me and my girl. We unintentionally matched shirts.

On the path in the meadow, with the beautiful Rockies in the background.

A pine tree growing out of a rock.

The fast moving river.

Despite these signs near the river, we still saw people out on the rocks. Apparently someone was going for the Darwin award.

The rocky trail in the Rocky Mountains.
It was such a nice morning with my daughter. It was amazing how easy it was to visit and connect away from all of the normal distractions. She told me she'd give me the same Mother's Day present next year, although we didn't need to wait that long if I didn't want to. I think I wasn't the only one who really enjoyed the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment