Thursday, July 2, 2015

Reminder

I saw this article this morning that reminded me about the mindset I had when I started this blog. It could have used an editor since there are some missing words and duplicate periods, although sometimes when I look back at my old posts I groan when I see those types of errors. But leaving the typos aside, it's a well-written article that reminded me how important my daily choices are; and that I'm frequently making the wrong choice if I ever really intend to achieve my goals.

Hillside in Ireland on the way to Dublin from Limerick
I'm experiencing vacation withdrawal. Both because Ireland was so beautiful and rural and I loved it; and because I miss being with my family full-time. Tuesday night my husband had a meeting so it was just me and the kids. At one point my son got upset and left the family room. I figured I'd give him a few minutes to calm down, since he was upset because I called him out for eating too many pieces of candy. When I went to check on him he was in bed asleep. It made me really sad because during the summer I leave the house before anyone else is awake, so I didn't get to say goodnight or tell him to have a good day. I did write him a note and left it on his lunch box, and I kissed his forehead while he was sleeping. But it's not quite the same thing as giving him a hug and telling him to have a good day in person.


No comments:

Post a Comment