Thursday, July 30, 2015

Cautiously Optimistic

I'm feeling cautiously optimistic right now, because I think breaking my weight-loss down into smaller increment goals is going to work. I feel very motivated to lose the three pounds that I set as my goal for this 10-day window. As another way to keep myself motivated, I'm tracking my weight and calorie consumption daily, and I will be sharing that chart with you all on the tenth day. So I will have to publicly demonstrate to everyone that I'm keeping my commitments to myself.

I was a little worried about starting this personal challenge this week since we have family in town and we're eating dinner differently. But thus far I've been really good about eating very small amounts during the day so I have enough calories left for a reasonable dinner. On Tuesday morning we had an all staff meeting and I sat between two co-workers who were noshing on bagels smeared with cream cheese and cinnamon rolls. It actually felt somewhat empowering to make the decision not to eat anything at the meeting since I'd already had my oatmeal for the morning.

I know I'm not out of the woods yet, but for the first time in a long time I am starting to see that proverbial light at the end of this tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment