Friday, July 24, 2015

MIA Checkin

I realize I've been kind of MIA this week. With my husband and son being out of town, I've been spending every free moment hanging out with my daughter so haven't really had time to write. I also don't have much to say right now, well, I don't have much to say out loud anyway. I'm saying plenty in my own head, but it's kind of dark at the moment and not really something that anyone else would want to hear.

I thought that maybe I'd sleep better this week with our king-sized bed all to myself, but no such luck. I have, however, been able to toss and turn with impunity and without regard for anyone else. I'm seeing the doctor this afternoon about sleeping pills. I'll probably restrict myself to no more than once or twice per week, but I'm hoping that occasionally being able to sleep through the night will really start to make a difference in my energy level.

I took today off from work since it's my last day alone with my daughter, and slept in (well, after waking up early and forcing myself to stay in bed longer). So when I got up, the sun was already up and it was already kind of hot outside. Instead of going outside for my morning workout, I used our recently inherited treadmill in our reorganized basement which now contains all of our workout equipment. Our weights, exercise balls, yoga mats, etc. used to be scattered throughout several rooms in the house and we had to gather what we needed prior to starting a workout. This new arrangement is so much easier, and makes the house look nicer also. We got the treadmill after my husband's grandmother took a spill and broke her leg and some ribs. She's recovering beautifully and has already moved into her new senior apartment, but she couldn't use the treadmill any longer so gave it to us.

My eating has been...acceptable this week. Acceptable meaning I'm not gaining any weight. However, I'm still eating too many calories to lose weight. This is why my thoughts have been so dark of late, and why I haven't felt like posting as much. I just can't seem to get this figured out. I just don't have any motivating thoughts worth sharing.

As far as the future, I'm looking forward to seeing my husband and son again this evening. I will probably have a hard time posting next week also because my cousin and his family are coming for a visit. We always have such a nice time visiting when they're here, so maybe the following week I'll be in a better head space and have the time to post more regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment