Sunday, July 12, 2015

Weekly Progress Report #22

Weight: 143.3 pounds

Weight Change: -2.0 pounds


I made positive progress this week. I actually won an internal debate with myself yesterday afternoon, so I'm feeling pretty good about that. I wanted dark chocolate and natural peanut butter pretty badly. These foods aren't bad for me per se, but there is a very high calorie count associated with peanut butter. So as much as I wanted to eat that snack, I decided that it wasn't worth it because it wouldn't help me to achieve my goals. It's been a long time since this type of internal argument has ended well, so perhaps I am truly making some progress now.

This morning I had another positive experience. Sometimes I look in the mirror and all I see are my imperfections and the excess fat on my body. This morning when I looked in the mirror I was able to look past the flaws and see the muscle tone which is a result of a strong commitment to regular workouts. Wanting to allow that muscle tone to show through could be another good motivator to losing some of this extra weight.

We've had a couple of sunny days recently, and it sounds like the coming week is supposed to be pretty sunny (and unfortunately, hot). Then next weekend the storm pattern is supposed to move back in and the rest of the summer is supposed to be fairly rainy. The meteorologists are also predicting early and heavy snows this fall. Which actually sounds kind of exciting to me since I love snow and cooler weather.

These pretty purple flowers are the blooms on a ground cover we have in our back yard. I have no idea what it is since it was here when we moved in, but I do love it when it blooms. It's really cool because it's one of those types of flowers that closes every night and reopens every day in the sunlight.


No comments:

Post a Comment