Wednesday, December 10, 2014

One Day at a Time

Yesterday morning I got up and did a hard workout.  I've been working out every morning, but I had sort of been going through the motions rather than really focusing and making sure it was a real challenge.  I also entered all of my calories for the day and stayed within my goal.  This morning when I stood on the scale it was moving in the right direction for the first time in quite awhile (even though it is still WAY to high).

This morning I did it again, and while I haven't yet eaten dinner, I've managed to count my calories all day and I don't believe I'll go over my limit tonight either.  I do feel hungry in the afternoon time since I get up so dang early in the morning.  But a little hunger isn't going to kill me, especially not right now when I have so much in reserve.

I've got a long way to go again since I've been using food to deal with all of the stress and grief in my life this year.  I've had other times this year where I've been really good for a couple of days and then just revert back to my old habits.  So I have to remind myself that each day is its own event, and each day requires a commitment to making the right choices.  While I'm not so delusional to think that this will be easy to maintain long-term, I think I may finally be in the right mental place to make a better effort.  I'm looking forward to my weigh-in this coming weekend.  It's still going to be much higher than I want it to be, even if I do make good choices every single day this week.  But I might finally be on track to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment