Saturday, December 13, 2014

O Christmas Tree

I'm in my second weekend of getting up at 4:15 and I don't like it, but I think I might be sleeping a little better, so I guess I'll give it some time.  I do get to see beautiful sunrises getting up that early, and I'm home to get pictures of them.


I had been doing really well with my eating this week, then woke up Friday morning with the best of intentions, but ended the day having consumed far too many calories.  Saturday hasn't been any better.  So my weigh-in probably won't be as encouraging as I thought it would be earlier in the week.  The holiday eating season will be starting soon, so I may have to wait until after the first of the year to make real progress.

We got our Christmas tree today.  My son didn't even look with us because the nursery we buy the tree from has a puppy.  So he was otherwise occupied entertaining the dog.

Before

After

Crystal Snowman
It's not dark enough yet to get a dramatic and striking picture of the tree, but I won't be home tonight when it is dark enough since I have to go to my work holiday party.  I wish that others could understand that not all of us enjoy parties, especially when it's an obligation.  But I didn't go last year, and I figured it would be strongly frowned upon if I didn't go twice in a row.  So maybe another day this week I'll have a better picture of the tree in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment