Monday, December 22, 2014

Hoping for Snow

I know that not everyone likes snow, but I really enjoy it.  I listen to people at work talk about how they can't stand any snow and they're already ready for summer.  Me, I get too hot during the summer and love this time of year.  Plus, while it's fun to hike in the summer, it's more fun to snowshoe in the winter and be several feet ABOVE the hiking trail.

We were supposed to get snow today, and I guess we did, though not nearly enough for my tastes.  When I awoke this morning (after I got my workout in), I looked out and we had the lightest dusting of snow.  It was so light that it barely counted as more than just frost.


The flatirons did look really nice in their covering of white, especially with the morning sun lighting them up.


It started to snow again this afternoon, and we did get a little more snow than earlier, it definitely qualifies as more than just frost now.  But it's still not enough.  We need to get at least a couple of inches in order for it not to just melt as soon as the sun comes out, which it does nearly every day in Denver.


Yesterday when I looked at the forecast, it was calling for snow on Christmas.  But today it says it's supposed to 50 degrees, and there's no longer a chance for snow listed.  Oh well.  I'll still be with my family and get to enjoy time away from work!

No comments:

Post a Comment