Friday, December 26, 2014

White Christmas

We got our white Christmas this year!  I think we got about 3 - 4 inches of snow and everything looks simply lovely right now.

Snow-covered trees this morning

Snow and Christmas lights last night

Snow and Christmas lights on our deck last night
We had the most wonderful day yesterday.  I just feel so blessed to have a loving husband and two healthy children.  I have my frustrations (many would say "first-world problems") in life, but those don't prevent me from recognizing how fortunate I truly am to have my wonderful family.

We had a nice time at my mom's house yesterday also.  My nephew is still only five, so he really keeps the holiday magic alive for all of us.  My poor mom, who has never been a detail person (but is a wonderful and amazing nurse) was going through the holiday for the first time in over 40 years without my dad.  She ordered gifts for all of us, but didn't realize that once gifts were ordered, they no longer showed up on the Amazon wish lists.  She didn't remember who had asked for what and thought she got it all figured out.  But...my nephew unwrapped my new camera bag, and my husband unwrapped my new wireless remote camera trigger.  My mom was so embarrassed, but the rest of us found it endearing.

The drive home last evening from my mom's house was a little dicey, but we took it slow (actually way too slow, the person in the Jeep in front of me thought they couldn't go faster than 20 mph) and made it home safely.  Once we got back home we all changed into our pajamas and spent the evening together.  I love snow, and I especially love it when we're all cozy and warm together at home.  I think tonight after we have our final holiday celebration with my father-in-law's parents, we're going to change into pajamas again, start a fire, and watch Guardians of the Galaxy together.  At one of my previous jobs, we used to have field managers come into the office and they'd have a scavenger hunt where they had to go around the office and find people based on interesting facts we had listed about ourselves on this sheet.  I never knew what to put on that sheet that others would find interesting, because I live such a boring life.  But I'm alright with boring.  I feel loved and blessed, and while my evening may sound boring to some, it sounds like the perfect evening to me!

I hope all of you had a wonderful day yesterday, and that you get to enjoy the rest of the holiday season with people you care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment