Saturday, December 6, 2014

Early Riser

Since I haven't slept well in years and it's starting to really create problems, I decided to follow the advice that I've heard for years about going to bed and getting up at the same time every day, even on the weekends.  The article that finally convinced me was one that mentioned that Daylight Saving Time is only one hour and it messes up our circadian rhythms.  I completely agree and strongly dislike Daylight Saving Time.  This finally made me realize that by sleeping in on the weekends I was voluntarily messing with my sleep rhythms every week.  So this morning the alarm went off at 4:15 and I got up and worked out just like it was a weekday.  It really did give me more time today, and I was also able to get a few pictures that I wouldn't normally have time for during the week or be awake for on the weekend.

The moon behind the trees and clouds this morning at 4:30

The western sky as the sun was starting to rise

The eastern sky as the sun was starting to rise
We'll see how this goes, if I start sleeping better once my body gets used to the same schedule all the time.  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment