Thursday, December 18, 2014

Busy Winding Down

It's been a few days since I've posted because I've been so busy lately.  I'm taking two weeks off over the holidays (you should see the grin on my face right now!) so I've got several things at work that have to be wrapped up in a bow (pun totally intended) before my vacation starts.  It's also year-end which means people need reports and data, and in the particular industry where I work things are sort of in crisis mode so I have more on my plate than I'd been planning on this week.

Plus the kids have band concerts, piano recitals, and year-end holiday parties at school.  My brother's birthday is on Saturday.  I still haven't mailed my Christmas cards.  So not only has work been busy, but home has been also.  But I have really been making an effort to enjoy this season and not just feel busy, and I'm pleased to report that I don't feel overwhelmed and I am feeling very merry.

Yesterday we had our department holiday lunch at work.  My boss and another co-worker didn't attend because my boss doesn't like to eat lunch and decided to choose that day to go to a field office for an investigation.  Now, chances are in this case that was really necessary and the timing was just unfortunate.  But it's hard to be understanding because my boss has accepted, and then cancelled at the last minute, EVERY SINGLE department lunch we've ever had.  I kind of want to send her this article about re-framing "have to" as "choose to."  But it was a nice lunch and Union Station in downtown  Denver is an architecturally beautiful building that is all dressed in it's holiday finery.



I hope your holiday preparations are going well and that you're able to relax and enjoy time with friends and family at this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment