Saturday, March 22, 2014

I Have A Problem

I'm an addict.  I looked up the definition of addiction and it perfectly describes one of my activities.
Addiction is a condition that results when a person ingests a substance or engages in an activity that can be pleasurable but the continued use of which becomes compulsive and interferes with ordinary life responsibilities, such as work or relationships, or health.  
When I get a hold of a good book, I act like an addict.  I can't seem to put it down and I keep thinking, "just one more chapter", or "I just need to see what happens in this scene."  Then I'll do my chores, or turn off the light and go to sleep.


I'm currently reading Divergent so I can discuss it with my daughter.  I started it yesterday afternoon and I'm almost done; and my sink is full of dirty dishes and all of the laundry is laying in a pile on the laundry room floor.

My daughter's class went on a field trip to see the movie on opening day for a compare and contrast activity.  It was fairly refreshing to hear her say that although they changed a few things because the book would be too complicated to make into a movie as is, they were small changes and they fit within the story.  Normally she has nothing but disdain for movies based on books because she thinks they change too much.  Of course now I have Adrenaline Mob's song Undaunted running through my head.  Someone missed the boat on that one for the movie soundtrack!

OK, time to do some chores.  I will not pick up the book right now.  I guess we'll see about bedtime tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment