Monday, March 10, 2014

Choosing to be Grateful...Again

At one point I had planned to write a whole series of posts about things that I'm grateful for.  I got three done and it's been over a year since the last one.  So, time to start...again.

Today I wanted to take a moment to express some gratitude for my in-laws.  I know not everyone has this experience, but my mother- and father-in-law are absolutely wonderful.  They're very supportive without being overbearing.  My husband and I were just mentioning that we wanted to plan a long weekend this summer to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary, and they asked if they could keep the kids.  I don't think we've ever paid for a babysitter between my parents, my parents-in-law, my brother and my brother-in-law.
My in-laws with their grandkids
 I'm also really grateful for my brother's wife.  I remember when I first met her I thought no way could anyone be that nice and happy all the time.  But she really is.  She's a wonderful antidote for the sometimes gloomy personalities that populate my family.  She's also a wonderful mother to my nephew, and a great friend to me.  She's expecting and I can't wait to meet my next niece or nephew this summer!
My brother's family, dogs included!
I definitely think that I need to take the time more often to appreciate all the wonderful people that are in my life; I really am very fortunate!

No comments:

Post a Comment