Friday, August 21, 2015

Red Sun Rising, and Setting

For the last couple of days we've had sunrises and sunsets that remind me of those events in the Midwest. It didn't feel any more humid lately, so I was wondering what caused it. Then I saw in the news this morning that it's because of the wildfires in the Pacific Northwest and British Columbia. This afternoon I can't see the mountains at all and we're getting alerts that people with respiratory problems shouldn't be outside. So as pretty as the sunrises and sunsets have been, I hope they get those fires under control soon. Of course I was at work as the sun was coming up this morning, so I only had my phone camera to capture this morning's sunrise.



Today marks the end of the first truncated week of school for the kiddos. I think everyone is really going to enjoy family movie night tonight, the trick will be staying awake! I've mentioned before that my daughter got accepted into the advanced academic program at the high school that is in the Northeast corner of our school district, and we live in the Southwest corner. I'm glad that she'll get her driver's license in the spring of her sophomore year, because picking her up from school in the afternoon isn't easy. The high school is 10 miles from our house, and it takes about 25 minutes to get there. Then I have to sit in traffic with a bunch of teenage drivers to get back out, so it takes over an hour to pick her up. My son has been carrying around papers that he's supposed to turn in since Wednesday, so fingers crossed that when he gets home shortly, they won't be in the backpack any longer! I'm sure we'll all settle in soon enough, but this hasn't been the easiest week with both kids starting new schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment