Wednesday, August 19, 2015

A Chill in the Air

Yesterday morning as I walked from Union Station to my office, I definitely needed my sweater. There was a nice, brisk breeze and I was loving it. I've been reading lots of blog posts lately about people who aren't ready for summer to end, but I for one am ready for the cooler temperatures of fall. We got a really nice rain last night, and I couldn't resist taking a photo of the rain drops on my rose this morning.



I'm also glad my kids started back to school today so we can get into our school-year routine. I've been struggling mightily with the transition that this year brings as my daughter starts high school and my son starts middle school. I'm hopeful that now that we're started we can get into the routine and I'll start to feel better emotionally.

I took the day off so I could spend the morning with my children free from distractions. Their schools start at very different times this year so I ate half of my homemade scone with my daughter, then the other half with my son, so I was able to have breakfast with both of them on the first day. They both have half-days today, so now I get the morning to myself to relax a little.

1st day as a high school Freshman


1st day of 6th grade and middle school


The third 10-day challenge didn't start out so well for me. My weight was moving in entirely the wrong direction again. Part of it has been eating just a little bit more than I should be, and part of it was starting off on the wrong foot on Saturday with an extremely high-calorie dinner that my husband had prepared. So it's time to redouble my efforts and power through the remainder of these 10 days. I did make some positive (well, mathematically negative, but ya know) progress yesterday, so I'm hoping to have some momentum for the rest of the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment