Sunday, November 9, 2014

Weekly Progress Report #14

Pretty bad news on the weight front this week.  I went on a business trip to San Francisco and didn't make very good food choices.  Then my kids stayed with their grandparents this weekend (my mom on Friday night and my in-laws on Saturday night) and my husband and I spent the weekend together, much of it eating.  So my weight is actually the highest it's been since 2010, and only 9 pounds lighter than my heaviest non-pregnancy weight ever.

Weight:  140.9 pounds

I actually had to adjust the axis values on my chart in order to show this weight.  Ugh!


I'm still struggling to figure out exactly what was so different in my mind-set back in 2011 when I was like a machine and never ate more than I should and lost 35 pounds in 3 1/2 months.  My work situation is rather stressful now, but it was then too, if in a different way.  I still have my family's support like I did then.  Back then I was originally motivated by a doctor telling my dad he wouldn't feel better if he didn't take care of himself.  Now I've seen my dad die as a result of not taking care of himself, so that should be completely sufficient motivation.

The only thing I can think of that is different, is that while I knew intellectually that getting back down to a healthy weight wouldn't fix every problem in my life; I wonder if deep down I still really thought it would.  Of course it didn't fix every issue, and maybe since now I truly know that on every level, I'm just not feeling like it's important enough.  But I want to feel better, and look better, and the only way to do that is to drop now about 16 pounds.

So I'm not giving up, and I'm going to keep holding myself accountable.  I will fully admit that I didn't want to post this today, or just call my weight 140 again so I didn't have to increase the upper value of the chart axis.  But that wouldn't have been honest, and I can't make real progress without being honest.

So, this week begins yet ANOTHER course correction, in hopes that I can make some real, sustained progress towards my goal weight of 125 pounds.

In the meantime, it's another beautiful autumn day here in Denver.  We're supposed to get really cold this week and maybe finally get some snow!

Most of the trees are bare now.

Some of the last fall color.

The only snow I've seen yet this season is up in the mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment