Monday, November 10, 2014

Ragged

We've had a wonderfully Colorado-like day today.  This morning when I went for a walk it was a comfortable 50 degrees and the stars were shining bright.  Then as the sun rose there was beautiful color on the clouds over the mountains, and the waning moon was peeking out behind the barren trees.  Then this afternoon, the cold arctic air moved down and we finally have our first snow of the season!






That spot on the right-hand side of the last picture that looks like a flaw is a falling snowflake.  As I type this it's starting to come down faster.  It's rather unusual to get our first snow this late in the season, but it's not that strange to have such a drastic temperature drop of over 30 degrees since this morning.

As much as I'm enjoying the weather, I am feeling rather ragged today.  I ended up taking sick time from work so I could rest some today.  Last night was a doozy with my son, and I was emotionally worn out and physically exhausted since I couldn't really sleep.  I need to be at my best to help him through everything, but if I can't even take care of my basic needs like sleep, it doesn't leave much for him.

I'm hoping that when I pick him up today he'll be as excited for the snow as I am and in a good mood since tomorrow is Veteran's Day and the kids don't have school.  Our family needs a better evening and some time to recuperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment