Monday, November 24, 2014

No Progress Report

I forgot to weigh myself yesterday, so I don't have an update on my weight for the week.  Although I don't really think it matters because I don't think I made any progress anyway.  Sigh...

We had a busy, but nice weekend.  My daughter was selected to be in the district honor band so we got to watch her perform on Saturday.  It was actually a much better concert to watch than any of the others we've gone to since these were all the best kids from each middle school.  Then the high school honor band played, and they were phenomenal!

The real reason that I didn't remember to weigh myself and get a post written was because I started reading the new Stephen King book, Revival.  I was much more restrained than I had been in the past as the book was released back on November 11th, and I didn't finish it until today.  I made myself practice some delayed gratification this time as I was reading a book about ADHD to continue helping my son, so I didn't really start it until last Friday.  I did manage to clean my house, do the dishes, attend my daughter's concert, get some laundry done, take my son to breakfast, and walk a 5K (plus some) with my daughter this weekend.  That really must mean that I'm growing up some, since in the past when a new Stephen King book came out, I was useless for the entire weekend.

Things seem to be smoothing out a little for our family right now, which is good because I couldn't handle much more of the way things had been.  I'm sure we're not out of the woods yet, as I've come to believe that never really happens permanently for anyone.  My parents and my in-laws are done raising their children, but I see how difficult their lives can be sometimes with aging parents, worry about their children (still, and always), and the loss of a spouse.  So I guess I just need to get better at dealing with adversity, instead of continuing to hope in vain that it will ever go away.

We were supposed to get snow this weekend, which I was really looking forward to, but it didn't really materialize.  We did have a light dusting of snow when I woke up Sunday morning, but most of it disappeared about 2 minutes after the sun came up.  Even the snow in the shade was gone within about an hour of sunrise.  I hope we do get some real snow soon, because once everything turns brown, it's much prettier under a mantle of white.  We did get some graupel this afternoon which was pretty cool with the sunshine.





We've had some beautiful sunrises and sunsets lately.  These pictures are from this morning when the sun was shining on the Flatirons.



This picture was from the other night just as the sun was going down.


No comments:

Post a Comment