Saturday, November 29, 2014

Festive and Relaxing

I love long weekends.  All day yesterday I kept thinking that the next day was Sunday, so when I finally realized that the next day was only Saturday, I was elated.  There's just something so wonderful about having extra time at home with my family.  I'm really enjoying relaxing in our now festive home, this is just what I've needed!

I tried to sleep in this morning, especially since I went to bed late (well, for me) last night and had a headache that lasted well into the night.  When I awoke around 1:00 it was still going strong.  But my head is mostly back to normal this morning, and I got to watch the most beautiful sunrise.  It started off as just a little color, but got more intense as I sat here.  Now it's faded again, but it was a pleasure to watch.


We got our house all decorated for the holidays yesterday.  We don't have our tree yet since we're going to get one from a local nursery, so we have to wait until closer to Christmas, but everything else is ready for the season.





I've said this before, so forgive me for repeating myself.  2014 has been a hard year for my family.  My brother and his wife lost a baby half way through the pregnancy, far enough in that she had to go through labor and delivery.  She delivered a beautiful, perfectly formed baby boy who had died because his umbilical cord got twisted and pinched off.  Then less than a month later, my dad died unexpectedly.  My son's ADHD has become more difficult to manage, we assume because he's just starting puberty which changes his brain chemistry.  My husband and I hit 40 this year, and I know this doesn't seem like a huge deal, but my eyebrows have started to disappear.  It makes me look weird.  I've never really worn makeup before, but this year I've had to start filling in my brows every day.  It's just all added up to a great deal of stress, and a very trying time.  So I'm really looking forward to the holiday season and just being able to focus on my family and enjoying special time together.  I'm hoping that this will reset things for us and we can start to create a new normal, and that 2015 will be a better year.

No comments:

Post a Comment