Sunday, October 26, 2014

Weekly Progress Report

I've really been focusing this week on controlling my stress and my reactions to others.  For awhile I had been letting other people's issues really get me down.  I'm very happy to report that I've made some really good progress on this front.  There were some rather difficult situations at work this week, and I decided to just view them objectively and not let them effect my emotional well-being.  My son is also continuing to be super challenging at times, and at times as sweet as can be.  I'm also working to just be calm with him when he's at his worst, and make sure to really enjoy him and praise him when he's making good choices, instead of getting so upset with him.  This seems to be a strategy that's working for now, so I'm going to keep at it.

Now that I'm getting that back under control, it's time to refocus again on eating right.  I haven't even been trying there this week, unless maybe I was trying to gain weight, in which case I was successful.  I'm back up to 139.9.  Sigh...


I'm still not getting as much sleep as I'd like to.  Friday night my husband and I stayed up late to watch The Ring since it's imperative to watch horror movies this time of year.  Then I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't back to sleep for awhile, as I'm wont to do.  Then the neighbor's dogs started barking at 5:15 in the morning, and I was done sleeping for the night.  I've been tracking my sleep on my new jawbone band, and was a bit frustrated with the message it gave me today. 
You get less sleep than the average female UPster.  When you're tempted to stay up late, remember that extra shut-eye could boost productivity in the morning.
As if I'm staying awake on purpose!  My husband makes fun of how early I've been going to bed lately.  My problem for years has been that I can't stay asleep.  Sometimes when I wake up during the night I'm so tired that I can't physically keep my eyes open, but I still can't fall asleep.  But I guess I'll keep tracking for a bit and see if I figure out a way to start sleeping more.

That's my check-in for this week.  I hope you all have a great week and make some progress on your goals!



No comments:

Post a Comment