Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Crazy!

I didn't get a post up last night because the last couple of nights have been exceptionally difficult in our house.  My son is going through another really rough patch right now.  I know that last night I got so upset because I didn't manage my expectations.  After a really bad night on Monday, I thought we had worked a few things out and that it wouldn't happen again, and we don't normally see these types of behaviors two nights in a row.  So it really threw me for a loop when we had to deal with the same thing a second night in a row when I wasn't expecting it (and didn't really have the energy for it).  We have developed a new plan though, so I'm hopeful that tonight will be better, and prepared in case it isn't.

Last night I was so upset and nauseous, that there was no point in trying to go to sleep.  So instead I drew a hot bath, turned off the lights, and lit a candle.  I used calming lavender and rosemary soap.  After the bath I used a full-body relaxation technique I learned as a teenager.  At that point I was ready to go to sleep, and actually slept really well last night, only awakening one time when I needed another blanket.  Of course I still only got about 6 hours of sleep, but for the first time in a long time it was restful sleep.  I might need to try a bath, yoga, and/or meditation every night before bed as that always seems to be when I sleep the best.  Although it can be hard to find the time to fit it in.

As I was lying in the bath, I did some thinking.  Things are only as bad as I allow them to be with my reactions and responses.  We still have so much to be grateful for.  We have our health, our home, and our family.  I can still choose to do better.  That is if I don't totally lose it because work is beyond crazy right now.  Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment