Thursday, October 2, 2014

Pruning

We had our trees trimmed yesterday, and right now the yard looks a little bit sparse.  I know the trees really needed it and they'll be healthier next spring.  It's still hard to see them looking so barren though, especially this time of year with the colors.

This a picture on the creek behind my house.



This is a picture of our purple ash before it was pruned.  Luckily that particular branch is still there, and while there is less foliage, there's still enough that soon we'll have amazing color with this tree and the yellow ash in our neighbor's yard that sits right next to it.  That's always one of my favorite things about our house in autumn.



Here's a picture of our maple after the pruning.  Again, there are still enough leaves that I think it will look lovely soon.

I have no idea what kind of bush this is even though it's in my yard, but it sure looks pretty right now.


This is a handful of vibrant leaves I picked up on my walk yesterday afternoon while my son was at piano lessons.


Now to complete my autumnal immersion, I'm headed over to Panera bread for dinner where I'm planning to have a bowl of the autumn squash soup.  It's only 350 calories, so it fits in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment