Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Paint, Carpet, and Chaos

Bee on our flowers

My wonderful husband who doesn't work during the summer (he's a teacher) always takes care of all the housework during these months and tackles a rather daunting honey-do list.  The weekend before last he painted and we now have a cheerful green accent wall in our living room and family room.  Yesterday he cleaned all of the carpets.  While I'm extremely appreciative that those things got done (and that I didn't have to do much work), the house has been in a bit of a shambles since one has to move furniture to paint and clean carpets.  Thus no blog post yesterday, because it was just too hard to get to my computer.  Well...maybe that's just an excuse since it's a laptop.  But we did go out to dinner and then my husband and son went for a bike ride while my daughter and I went for a walk.  So we just weren't in the house very much yesterday.

I do have a funny story to share from yesterday.  Since we needed to be out of the house to let the carpets dry, we went out to dinner last night.  My son (he's ten) ordered macaroni and cheese bites.  I asked him how his dinner was and he answered me, "hot...just like our waitress."  Did I mention that he's ten?!  We've got a real lady's man on our hands.

Things are going to be incredibly busy over the next few weeks.  We've got family coming into town tonight, and then different family coming in on the 19th.  So my posts may be a little spotty for a time since I think my evenings are going to be spoken for.  But I guess it's good to have plenty to do on summer evenings.  I hope you're all having a great summer, and I promise to post as often as possible.  Even if it's just a humorous anecdote featuring my son!

Stormy skies

More stormy skies

No comments:

Post a Comment