Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Mind Games and Humidity

This morning I went for a walk and had an aha moment with my food tracking.  A big part of the reason why I've been struggling so much to lose weight is because if I realize that I'm not going to hit my target calories for the day, I go into this weird mental place where I decide since I'm going over, I may as well go over big time.  I've noticed that the days where I'm not hitting my target are the days when I just think "oh well," and start shoving every piece of food I can find into my mouth.  So I told myself that it's alright if I go over, I can still track and try to stay close to my goal for the day.  It worked yesterday (which is probably why I had this epiphany).  So far it's worked today.  So maybe between managing to identify my motivation and this mind-game I've been playing with myself, I'll really be able to start making some progress again.

I also realized while I was walking this morning that it felt really muggy and that I was producing far more sweat than usual.  So I pulled out my phone and looked at the stats on Weather Bug.



100% humidity?!  I live in Colorado, not the Midwest.  Let me clarify, it wasn't raining, this was real humidity.  We give up some of the lush plants that are found in humid places in exchange for dry air.  Oh well, I'm sure it'll be dry as a bone again by next week, so I should probably just appreciate it while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment