Thursday, July 17, 2014

Mind Games and Snacking

Today I noticed something interesting:  I tend to snack when I want to procrastinate something, usually because a task is boring, or because I don't think I know how to accomplish a task.  It's another mental game I play with myself.  For some reason I think a snack is a valid reason not to work, even though I generally work while I'm having the snack.  I realize this makes no sense, but I really do think it's what's going on in my head.

Today I was working on a heavy-duty analysis project at work which is something I really enjoy, and I felt absolutely no desire to snack at all in the afternoon.  It probably helped that my lunch had a good amount of fiber and protein so I didn't have any physical cravings.  But often it's the emotional cravings, not the physical cravings, that cause me to reach for a snack.  So I've identified yet another trigger that's causing me to eat too much and not lose weight.  I'm hoping that evaluating my food issues and being honest with myself (and my readers) really will help me to get back into the proper mind-set to actually start eating right and losing weight.

I'm off for a mother-daughter evening tonight.  Since my husband and son are spending time together in Glenwood Springs, we're going to see Maleficent tonight.  I'm not sure what to expect as it's gotten very mixed reviews, but I'm really looking forward to sitting next to my daughter in a movie theater.  I'll let you know what I thought of the movie tomorrow.

My girl

Also, I posted a picture of my whiskey barrel with flowers right after I planted them.  I said it was a little sparse but should fill in nicely.  Look at it now!
Today
Back on June 5th


No comments:

Post a Comment