Friday, October 30, 2015

Slowly Getting Better

I'm slowly starting to feel better. My mental state is improving a little at a time. Knowing that I'm going to be starting a new job soon is really helping. I've even started being able to view my current job objectively. I've got a ton of things to show other people, but I'm fairly well organized and have good notes anyway. As an analyst, I run lots of recurring reports for people, and each of those has an instructions tab as something that I learned as best practice long ago. So even if I wasn't able to finish the training, I think people will be able to figure it out. After recently going through the pain of figuring out how a former co-worker did her job because she didn't show us or leave documentation, I'm determined to leave my team in a better place with my departure.

My son is making some improvements at home and school. I think part of his improvement might be because we figured out that he wasn't consistently taking his medication. Now that we're managing that, he seems to be making better choices and we've received a couple of positive emails from teachers this week. The meeting at school didn't happen yet because of schedule conflicts, so now it's next week and hopefully it will be more collaborative and less adversarial if he continues to do better at school.

Now that I'm getting my mental house in order, I may finally be ready to start tackling my physical well-being soon. I haven't lost the desire to lose about 20 pounds, I had just stopped thinking about it for awhile because I had too many other issues to deal with. But now that we're making some positive, forward progress in other areas, it's time to start thinking about my weight again. I haven't devised a new plan just yet, but hopefully soon I'll have an update on that.





Now it's time to finish my Friday chores so we can ready to celebrate Halloween tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment