Saturday, October 24, 2015

Check In Part 1: The Good News

I have a pretty large check-in this weekend, so I thought I'd do it in two parts and start with the good news and the positive things happening in my life.

I was offered and accepted a new job. I will be just a couple of miles from home so I'll be home with my son in the morning before he heads off for school. I had to take a small pay cut, but not as large as I had anticipated, so that was really good news. I'm going back into the restaurant industry which is where I "grew up" professionally and am better value-aligned. Giving my notice wasn't very much fun, but my boss handled the conversation very well so it worked out alright.

Yesterday I went with my husband, mom, and in-laws to watch my daughter's high school marching band perform in the state quarter-finals. Her school made the cut for the quarter-finals for the first time in 17 years. The kids thought it was pretty cool to march at CSU's stadium.







My son's middle school hosts an annual 5K called the Spooknology for Technology race. They raise money for technology for the school with the race. My daughter was never interested in doing it, but my son wanted to so this morning while it was still quite chilly he and I headed out for the race. It warmed up rather quickly and ended up being a lovely morning to be out walking and jogging.



We took the kids out to the pumpkin patch and the Halloween store today. My daughter wouldn't get out of the car while we were picking pumpkins because of our solution to the muddy fields due to the rain we had earlier this week. We put plastic grocery bags on our feet, which did look ridiculous, but we were the only people not scraping our shoes back at the car.






Tonight my husband and I are going to see Crimson Peak at the theater. I'm super excited to get to see what is supposed to be a beautiful (if predictable) horror movie, and have a date night with my husband. The pictures below are from a walk I took yesterday afternoon with my husband. The image quality isn't great since these are all with my phone camera. It's just about time for a new phone, and camera quality is going to be a deciding factor in the model I choose.







That's the good news, and I'm glad I wrote it out because there's actually lots of good stuff going on. Tomorrow I'll write about the not-so-good stuff that's been happening of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment