Saturday, September 26, 2015

Spectacular Saturday



Today has been an absolutely fabulous day. We watched my daughter march her first show this morning. My husband (who was also in marching band in high school so knows more about this) said it was obvious that it's early in the season and the kids haven't had much time to practice yet. But overall I thought they looked and sounded pretty good again. This type of show is much more challenging than just straight marching in a parade which is all we'd seen them do until this morning.



After the marching show we headed up into the mountains and chose the absolute best weekend to get up and see the colors. The sky was a beautiful blue and the golden aspen shimmered in the sunlight.


My family in front of an aspen grove. My son wasn't too pleased to be getting his picture taken.


My girl.



My son climbing a hill which turned out to be easier to get up than it was to get down.



Since we were up near Idaho Springs, we decided to stop and have dinner at Beau Jo's. They're famous for a style of pizza they call mountain pies with a thick crust. They bring honey to the table and you put it on your pizza crust for dessert. As we were headed back down the nearly full moon rose behind the mountains.

Now we're back home and my husband is indulging my rule of only horror movies from the start of autumn until Halloween. All and all it's been one of the best days I've had in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment