Sunday, September 20, 2015

Signs of Change

My chrysanthemums don't look great yet, but we're heading into that time of year when they're going to be absolutely stunning.




I'm one of those people who enjoys summer, but by the end I'm tired of the heat and ready for it to end. I enjoy summer, but I love fall, so I'm really starting to get excited that the official start is just three days away. I'm finally going to be able to read the book I got for either Christmas or my birthday (I can't even remember which now), October Dreams II. The first October Dreams anthology is one of my favorites, so I'm super excited about this one, but didn't want to read it at the wrong time of year.

I thought I'd do a quick check-in as it's been a few days since my last post. I've been spending a great deal of time with my kiddos this weekend. Friday night my daughter's band was marching at the football game and my husband and I got invited to spend some time with some friends. While I would have enjoyed hanging out with our friends and sipping some wine, my son asked me to stay with him for the evening. So we watched a movie, played some video games, and went for a walk. 

The next morning my husband and I rode our bikes over to watch my daughter march in a community parade. This was the second the week in a row that they marched in a parade and did really well both times. Then my husband headed out to a concert and the kids and I hung out and I made pizza for us. Work has been super busy lately with a pretty important board meeting coming up, so it was a real treat to just unplug and spend some time with my family this weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment