Saturday, November 28, 2015

Winter Wonderland

We've had a little snow every day here since Thanksgiving. It's been simply beautiful, and has really started to get me in the mood for the holidays.

Early morning sun behind the clouds after the snow.

Glowing snow-covered trees.

The sun on the fresh snow

Snow on the Hawthorne berries.

My in-laws' snow covered yard.

The rabbits were frolicking in the yard at 1:00 this morning (when I couldn't sleep), and left tracks as proof this morning.

We had two wonderful Thanksgiving celebrations. We were with my family on the actual day, and with my husband's family the day after. My brother-in-law and his family had traveled in and it was wonderful to see them. My nieces are growing up so fast, the oldest just turned 13; I can't hardly believe we have another teenager in the family.

They brought their cats with them on the trip, so we got to enjoy the antics of a cat named Skywalker (my youngest niece is really into Star Wars). He's a beautiful Tuxedo who loves to climb, and he didn't mind hanging out with my son.

Skywalker up high on a beam.

Skywalker lounging with my son, soaking up the attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment