Monday, December 7, 2015

Unintended Blogging Break

I hadn't planned on taking a break from blogging, but it happened nonetheless. I love my new job and am so happy with the decision to take this position. My days are flying by and I truly enjoy the work, the environment, and my coworkers. My workload is a bit intense right now because the woman who will be reporting to me went out on maternity leave three days before I started. Things are taking a little longer than they otherwise might have if she was here to help me understand how and why they set things up the way they did. She did come in when her baby was 4 days old to give me a quick orientation (I think managing her is going to consist of making sure she's not working too hard). I am figuring it all out and have received some kudos though, so I guess I'm managing without her for now. However, I am currently doing my work and some of hers, so I've been extremely busy at work.

Then I get home and I'm busy here preparing for the holidays. I am not ready for the holidays yet this year. I have got to get on it! We did get to watch my daughter's school band perform in the Denver Parade of Lights which was exciting. We also have both the inside and outside of our house decorated, with the exception of the tree which we'll get next Saturday. I'm definitely in the mood for the holidays, now I just need to get prepared.

I'm guessing that the time and energy to blog are going to hard to come by for the next couple of months. So I'll probably be posting pretty sporadically until late winter/early spring. I am going to try to put photos (good ones) up on Instagram, so if you're interested you can look for me there under darcylyndees.

We've had some lovely winter sunrises recently. The photos below are all from my phone camera, so they aren't great, but they're not terrible either. The colors were captured really nicely with no post-processing.










No comments:

Post a Comment