Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Weekly Chart #3

This was an excellent week!  I started using the My Fitness Pal app on my android phone and it's really helping.  I've tried recording everything I ate in the past, but it never really helped.  When I tried writing it down I just didn't realize how many calories I was actually consuming.  It's amazing to me that what seems like a reasonable portion of food is actually too much.  I guess it's just from years of overeating, which would explain why I'm where I'm at.  I also tried using the computer and logging things online, but I wasn't always near a computer and then I'd forget everything I ate, so that didn't work either.

always have my phone with me, since it has my task list, calendar, phone, alarm clock...  Yeah, my life is on my phone.  But anyway, that's really helpful for tracking my calories now.  I just pull my phone out of my pocket and enter what I've eaten and it records the calories for me.  I am now starting to realize what my portions should actually be.  Another added benefit is that it's net calories, so if I exercise I can eat more.  I haven't missed a day of working out since I started tracking on My Fitness Pal because I want more than the 1200 calories I'm supposed to have each day.  So I'm getting a good workout in every day.  I know it's only been a couple of weeks, but I already feel stronger and my weight is definitely on a downward trend!  Here's the chart from Sunday, and I'm extremely pleased to report that when I stood on the scale this morning it read 143.0 pounds!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment