Thursday, April 14, 2016

Sights, Sounds, and Smells of Spring

It has been beautiful here this week, and it is definitely starting to look like spring. I've loved seeing all the sights, listening to the birds and insects, and smelling the trees in bloom. Every morning when I walk it just smells so good outside. I'm just worried that some of the tender blooms might get killed this weekend, since this is our current forecast:


Yep, we're supposed to either get lots of rain, or a blizzard. For the moment, the forecast is leaning towards "winter storm." I wish we'd gotten all of this snow this past winter, instead of it being so darn dry all winter, and then dumping snow on us this spring.

I saw lots of beautiful blooms when I was walking yesterday afternoon, and I definitely don't want to see these ruined this weekend. Especially since it happened last year and the fruit tree yields were dismal last season, so we're hoping for better yields this season.

I apologize if any of these are out focus, there was a rather brisk wind and it was hard to focus since the branches kept moving.




I realize these are "weeds", but they're still pretty.

The lilacs haven't bloomed quite yet, but they're almost here!


We're still going through lots of ups and downs with my son. I had thought things were stabilizing, but then yesterday was pretty awful again. This is not what I thought parenting would be like. I thought I knew how to handle kids and while we'd have our frustrations, it wouldn't be more than we could handle. But it may actually be more than we can handle. Realistically we may reach a point where we have to send our son to get help from someone better equipped to handle his issues than we are. I never imagined that I've ever have to consider that. This has been a humbling experience, and I'm much less judgmental of other parents than I used to be. I wasn't overly judgmental before, but it existed as some level. Now I know that the vast majority of people are doing the best they can and I just want to support everyone who is struggling because I truly understand how difficult it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment