Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Wish I had my camera

We've had some beautiful snows here in Colorado over the last couple of weeks.  This morning I was appreciating both the pine trees and the deciduous trees that were covered in a beautiful veil of white that sparkled in the lights.  The new moon was just rising in the east and made for an idyllic winter scene. I was also desperately wishing I had time to stop and take a picture.  But I would have had to get the tripod out since it was still dark and I didn't have time to do that since I needed to get to work.

I truly love the work that I do, since it's basically solving math and logic puzzles all day.  I am fully aware of how lucky I am to be able to spend my days doing work that I'm good at and that I enjoy.  But I do frequently wish I could work part-time, and from home.  I work with lots of driven people who don't have time for any other hobbies because they're always working.  I just can't do that.  I want to spend time with my family and on my other hobbies; like photography.

Since I can't provide a picture of our lovely, glittery morning snow, here's a picture from a snowshoeing trip in Rocky Mountain National Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment