Thursday, January 30, 2014

Stressed Out

This week has been the most stressful week I've had at work since last year at this time.  It certainly wasn't a surprise as it's just part of the natural rhythm of my work.  But I'm still really struggling right now; I'm beyond tired and have reached a point of complete exhaustion where I just feel achy all over and slightly nauseous.  I did still manage to get up at 4:15 this morning and workout, although I'm pretty sure it wasn't the same level of intensity that I usually bring to the workout.

The one saving grace today is that I was able to work from home.  It's amazing how being in a quiet house with fewer interruptions just feels calm and soothing.  My kids were also very happy about me working from home.  My daughter told me about 3 times how she likes when I'm here with her in the morning.  My son did the most thoughtful thing (it is the small things that count).  It's supposed to snow this evening and as of right now, they're expecting about a foot of snow in our area.  When my son heard this and knew that I would be working in my home office today, he ran into my room and brought my blanket out and set it next to my desk this morning.  Just about melted my heart!

I took this picture a few days ago and I keep hearing Simon and Garfunkel in my head singing Hazy Shade of Winter.  Which is actually also very fitting for this evening as the moisture is starting to fall.



2 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish we were getting that snow here! We've had almost nothing! What a sweet son you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got more snow overnight. I do love it, but driving in it isn't so great. Wish I could send some your way!

    ReplyDelete