Friday, January 6, 2017

Winter and Some Answers

We got a wonderful snow yesterday, and the kids had another snow day. We only got about 8 inches which wouldn't normally close the schools, but since it was so cold it was dangerous for the kiddos to wait for buses which would have undoubtedly been late. I just love the white blanket of snow this time of year.







These pictures were from a walk the other day before our recent snow.


 This is a picture of the winter sunset the other evening. The trees are without their mantle of snow in this one also.

We're getting some answers to some of the issues that we've been facing lately. Nothing is fixed yet, but at least we finally have some idea about how we might be able to move forward. I saw a dermatologist this week (I had no idea that one saw a dermatologist for hair issues, though it does make sense). She diagnosed me with alopecia which is why I'm losing my hair. She did a biopsy of my hair follicles to determine what type so we can treat it properly. I know it's pretty vain to be so worried about hair loss, but I've been pretty unhappy with losing my eyebrows and a receding hairline. I just look...weird. I suppose I'll also look weird when small hairs start growing back, but since that will mean recovery, I'll deal.

We also got a full neuro-psych eval on our son, and we now have additional issues identified which helps the professionals to determine more appropriate treatment options. Hopefully it will help the school to understand how to help him in that environment also. I'm really hoping that we're able to deal with the brain chemistry issues so that we can address behaviors. I've been pretty hopeless and desperate about our family life over the past several months, so it's such a relief to feel like we have a chance of addressing the issues and having different experiences.

I hope that the first week of the new year has been a good one for all my readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment